A good chunk of May was spent in the United States (and for Kevin, a lot of April as well!), but before I left, I hosted my Spanish friend, Javi and his partner, Ines.
Javi and Ines
 |
| Força Barça! |
 |
| At Sitio |
 |
| La Taqueria |
Javi and Ines lived in Barcelona for 5 years and Javi has been coming back every year as a guest lecturer at a local university (he also visited in May 2025!). While they were here, they visited their old favorite spots and neighborhoods (and lunch at Cierzo too, because that's my favorite), but we also got to experience some new things together! We tried Casa Lolea for tapas in El Born, had tacos at La Taqueria near Sagrada Familia, and Ines and I had a nice, long chat, in our living room on a very rainy day. The highlight of their visit was their gift of a ticket to see the Barcelona Women's Fútbol team compete against Bayern München in the Women's Champion League Semi-Finals at Camp Nou! We started the day at Sitio in Gracia, walked towards Les Corts, had Thai food at one of their old favorites, Bangkok Cafe, and walked the rest of the way to Camp Nou. The environment of the stadium was so much fun, and we were the only people speaking Spanish/English-- everyone around us was speaking Catalan. I enjoyed cheering and trying to learn some of the chants and Barcelona pulled off a win in a very exciting 4-2 match. I had loads of fun with them here and at my first time at Camp Nou.

 |
| A few more from Camp Nou |
Comments
Post a Comment