July 2025 Guestbook

This July, we had visits from my elementary school friend, Mitch, and his wife, Jessica, and my cousin, Jenny and her friend, Ngan! 

Mitch and Jessica



I've known Mitch since 4th grade when we were neighborhood friends! He moved away, but eventually came back to Oklahoma and was a core high school friend during our senior year. He went to university in Canada, and I hadn't seen him since my freshman year of college, while his parents were still living in Oklahoma... so almost 14 years ago (?!?). Kevin and I met Mitch and Jess for coffee on the Bar Bailén patio. Mitch was his same goofy self and we had a wonderful time catching up after a lot of time. It was also cool to meet Jess and for Kevin to meet someone new who's known me forever. That same day, I met them again for some drinks and a nice stroll around El Born. So glad that Mitch reached out and that we had a fun day, just like old times!

Jenny and Ngan

Interesting drink from Paradiso

Amazing bravas at Pimental


Jenny and I share a lot of fun summer memories together as kids, so it was fitting that she was here for a summer visit! Jenny had just spent some time in Copenhagen with her boyfriend whose law firm organizes for a month of working abroad every summer (so jealous!) and came to Barcelona after to visit. She and her friend, Ngan, were not in Barcelona for too long, but I'm still glad we got to hang out. We had lunch at Cierzo, rested at our apartment, strolled through Ciutadella Park, got cocktails at Paradiso (crazy cool menus and drink presentations, none of us liked our drinks LOL), and had amazing tapas at Pimental. So glad to have summer adventures with Jenny on this side of the world!

Comments

Popular Posts